Beacons of Hope Tourism Services
Beacons of Hope Tourism Services is dedicated to bringing compassion driven tourists, volunteers and special interest groups into contact with faith-based charities who are engaged in the
Trying to create a better place for these people is what we're all about.
daily socio-economic and environmental challenges in the Southern African region.
We are also dedicated to serving the charities by building capacity, generating awareness, and providing human resource to further enhance their delivery to the poor.
Our core focus areas in terms of tourism are:
- Short term (10-14 days) Working Holidays, Group Missions, Professional Services and Voluntourism.
- Longer term (up to 3 months) Internships, Professional Services and pre and post leisure holidays once the volunteers have completed their services at the charity.
Our core focus areas in terms of charities are:
- Phase 1: Creating a comprehensive Beacons of Hope Tourism Map that features a wide range of faith-based charities in and around the Western Cape
- Phase 2: Developing a national framework for faith-based charities to benefit from exposure to the compassion driven, voluntourism industry.
- Phase 3: Formalising a best practice model, and bringing a standard of excellence into this fast growing niche industry, by helping faith-based charities standardize their approach to hosting volunteers.
We invite you to join us as tourism service providers, and charities that need assistance in this area, in creating Beacons of Hope for all the parties concerned.